Fundraising Terms and Conditions
As a fundraiser, there are some responsibilities you need to be aware of when fundraising for the Great Barrier Reef Foundation (GBRF):
- In order to be a legitimate fundraiser for GBRF, your event or activity must be registered with GBRF. You must have an official Letter of Authority from the GBRF issued for each of your fundraising activities. This is required by law and will be issued once GBRF has assessed and approved your fundraising event or activity.
- The person who completes the Campaign Registration Form will be the activity organiser, which makes them solely accountable for managing the fundraising activity in an appropriate and responsible way. This includes deciding on the date, activity and costs relating to the fundraising campaign. The campaign organiser must notify GBRF of any changes to the fundraising activity and can only fundraise during the period authorised by GBRF.
- The registered fundraiser will be responsible for paying all costs involved with the campaign. GBRF will not reimburse any person for any costs associated with the fundraising activity.
- It is the activity organiser’s responsibility to ensure the safety of the activity, including organising appropriate public liability insurance for events and providing first aid services if needed.
- You need to fulfil any legal obligations for fundraising and comply with federal and state/territory legislation and regulations. For events, you will also need to organise any permits, licenses, insurance or authorities to fundraise where necessary. This information will be available from your state government or local council.
- If you are fundraising offline; you will need to hold on to all the money you raise until your fundraising activity is over and make sure it’s kept in a safe place. Money needs to be donated to us within 14 days of the activity being completed.
- GBRF reserves the right to audit paperwork associated with the event/fundraising activity. Organisers are responsible for keeping all paperwork relevant including to the event/fundraising activity until December 31 of the year your event/fundraising activity was held.
- You agree to release GBRF to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind associated with the activity and indemnify GBRF for all liability or costs that may arise in respect to any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person in any way associated with the activity caused by your breach of these responsibilities or negligence.
- You may only use our name and approved supporter logo to promote your activity if you adhere to the conditions outlined below:
- Any promotional material and collateral must use the approved supporter logo which states ‘Proudly Supporting’ before the GBRF logo and this must not be altered in any way.
- All media, promotional materials and collateral must be approved by GBRF before going to print or being distributed in any format.
- If you are unable to adhere to the above conditions, please use the words “proudly supporting Great Barrier Reef Foundation” in text without using the logo.
- All content such as text, graphics, images and names from GBRF are protected by Australian copyright law. You agree not to violate any intellectual property or copyright laws.
- If GBRF collects your personal information, GBRF will send you information about how it collects and uses your personal information and your privacy rights.
- You are not able to approach the general public with door to door or telephone collections as part of your fundraising activity.
- People under 16 years of age collecting donations or money must have an adult with them and comply with all legislation and regulations relevant to child related work.
- Registered fundraisers are not agents or employees of GBRF and undertake all fundraising activities at their own risk.
- GBRF reserves the right to withdraw your authority to fundraise at any time.
- GBRF ’s authorisation of your campaign may be issued at the absolute discretion of GBRF based on the information you have provided. If authorisation is given, it is given in reliance on your having given us honest and truthful information regarding your activity and any risks or hazards to which participants/donors may be exposed.
- GBRF may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and will repost them on our website.
Questions? Email us on email@example.com
Last updated: October 2022